Sunday, March 13, 2011

Party Time

Friday night, Lenny and I helped celebrate Kirsi's 22nd birthday. Kirsi is a German exchange student that's in a bunch of my HR classes even though she is in Aviation Management. She's a lot of fun and was actually introduced to the blog when we went to the London Food & Wine Show early this year.

Another cool thing about Kirsi is she actually lives in the exact same apartment as I did in my third and fourth year. It's been updated a little bit (new master bath & no more 1970s partitions between the kitchen and the dining area) but other than that was so eerily familiar. I did take a bunch of pictures, but in creepiness's sake, I'll just post this one of the living room area just before all the guests arrived. Kirsi is in the black and white dress and Jorg, her boyfriend, is on the far right:


One of her roommate's is actually working on a thesis project on pancreatic something which is very similar to what Lenny's studying. They had a good chat as they have a lot of people in common. It's always nice when Lenny gets the chance to talk about sciency things when I'm out with friends.

Kirsi had a friend that organized a trip on the Party Bus en route to the Tap House, a downtown bar. Here's a shot of the outside of the bus:
The inside had mirrors on the ceiling, a fog machine (is that even safe for driving?!), blacklights, leather seating, mirror balls, and other party things. The pictures didn't really work out, but here's an attempt:
I had to post this pic even though it's foggy from the smoke machine because it's probably the best self portrait of the two of us in a while. Gosh I love this guy!We had a lot of fun and had a good time meeting some new people from all over the world. I think it's possible that there were actually only 3 or 4 Canadians including Lenny and myself in the party of 30. There were people from Brazil, Australia, Germany, Austria, somewhere in the UK (England?), amongst others. Tonnes of fun!

So there you go -- a recap of Friday night and one of the trips to the London bars I have actually taken. I think I'm up to four now!

Stay tuned for a weekend update...

No comments: