Nothing too exciting to report for yesterday. The sun is finally out and I'm Definitely enjoying these warmer, double digit temperatures!
After dropping Lenny off for work yesterday morning, I got to have lunch with my old roommate from Year 5, Ea-Ling. She's currently in teachers college in Toronto and absolutely loving it. It's really exciting to hear about the funny student stories and also hearing from someone who is head over heals in love with what they're doing for work. She did tell me about a friend whose dad committed suicide on her birthday which really set me back. How terrible! Certainly makes you reevaluate how difficult any of the other things you're facing are.
Last night before teaching, I went to an HR speaker event at the school put on by someone that does HR consulting in the area. It was encouraging to hear that she'd spent a lot of time working for various employment agencies before landing her first HR job as I've kind of been considering this path but was unsure of if it would be beneficial for HR work. I'll add it to the list of things to look at when I finish school and/or get back from Italy.
Class went well with the last of the student presentations including one that was a rearrangement of a deadmau5 (a DJ) song that was actually Amazing. Sometimes the talents and love for music that my students express knocks my socks off. Only two more classes to go! Reviews next week and then the final exam after that. I can almost smell summer!!!
After teaching I had a really good run through 3 of my 4 recital pieces. I was really happy with my stamina, my biggest worry at this point, and glad that I made it through with chops still to spare. Today I have my formal dress rehearsal, so wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment