Monday, March 28, 2011

Birthday night

Tonight we went out to Trichilo's for dinner. Lenny had the zuppa del giorno (soup of the day) which was a garlic, leek, bruyere soup as an appetizer. Quite delicious. I had some delicious homemade bread made with flour from a local mill with some o-kay olive oil. For the main course Lenny had carbonara (a linguini pasta with bacon) and I had pollo (chicken) with a lentil stew. Both of our courses were delicious and very well priced. We'll definitely go back there again.

After dinner we went out for a bit of a walk through Masonville mall so Lenny had a chance to stretch out his legs. After getting away with only a coffee purchase, we returned home to continue the celebrations with some New York Style Cherry Cheesecake that I made this afternoon while he was having a nap. I was able to get away with it because the poor guy can't smell a darn thing right now. Anyhoo this was the recipe I used. I highly recommend it -- very tasty. He will be getting a "real" birthday cake this weekend when we return to Toronto to celebrate it with his family. This cheesecake was definitely the next best thing. Nom nom nom.

In other good news, I've been super productive the past few days. I finished writing my bassoon exam for Wed. night, I'm nearly done my paper due on Thursday, and I'm nearly fully prepared for my presentation on Friday. With the extra time off of work tomorrow I should be able to get the rest of those things done leaving only my Industrial Relations Essay that is due on Friday. What a relief! The end is near and now I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Well I'm off to find some tv to watch with a semi-comatose Lenny! Ciao ciao for now!

No comments: