It doesn't look like I'm that far, but the knitting is really fine. Hrmph.
Needing another pick-me-up, I decided that it'd be a good idea to bake some chocolate chip cookies so we have something to snack on this week. While not the healthiest of snacks, I do like that they're preservative free at the very least so away I went. I got about 1/2 way through and realized we only had one egg instead of the necessary two. Against my better judgement, I decided to take a trip to Costco. Now we usually go to Costco sometime during the week and not a weekend afternoon. Today I was reminded why. Although there are way more sample ladies on the weekends, there are also about 10x as many shoppers strutting along and it's really hard to get in and out quickly (P.S. I also looked for mozzarella cheese to do a pasta dish tonight but the cheapest amount they sold it in was $12!!). What would normally take me 10 minutes ended up taking 45. Ugh. Stolen parking spaces even though I was signaling, being rammed with carts by people not looking. Ugh. Not a great experience.
Anyhoo so I arrive home and start unloading the groceries only to find Lenny is having a nap having just come back from a 26-km run in slushy slushy slush. So after unloading all the groceries myself, I get to the recipe and stupidly only add 2/3 cup of flour instead of 2 2/3 cup of flour. FYI, this is what your cookies will look like if you try that yourself sometime:
Well I'm off for round three of attempting to get into a better headspace to continue on this paper and spend some time practicing. Let's hope everything comes up peachy this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment