Thursday, March 24, 2011

Steph's 24th Birthday & Dakota's Dog Sweater

Better late than never. Here are some pictures from last weekend.

First up is cute-sauce Dakota showcasing her extreme excitement that we are home for a visit:
Suprisingly she was calm enough to allow me to put on her jacket that I knit her. Too cute!

Next up is the reason we came home really, Lenny's cousin Stephanie's 24th birthday. Steph's father is Lenny's mother's brother. She's currently at York but Lenny and I can't seem to agree with what she's studying, so we'll just leave it at that. Here's a picture of her post opening all the presents. Her boyfriend John is on the left:

Here's Steph's gift from us to her, handmade by moi. I'm getting better at this piping thing, but I still have a lot to learn. I'm also getting a little more creative with colour mixing. This was meant to be and actually turned out to be light purple, her fav.


Next up is a picture of Steph's actual birthday cake. I did not make this. ha! It was so pretty and so ornately decorated by her favourite bakery.
Let me introduce zeppole to all non-Italians here. Zeppole are served only around this time of year to celebrate the Feast of St. Joseph. They are amazingly delicious and look kinda like this (cut in half):
And the last picture from this weekend trip is of some sugary-ish nuts. I can't remember what Lenny's grandma told me they're called, and Lenny didn't know they had a name, so for now, I'll just post it up and we'll see if perhaps some of you know what they're called. They certainly were delicious though!

No comments: