March is going to be the most stressful month for me in a very long time so you'll have to be patient with me while I take some mini breaks from blogging. The last two days I've been fighting a really bad headache. It kept me up for hours last night but a combination of a ibuprofen, a hot shower, and a cold face cloth on my forehead finally did the trick.
The headache was exasperated by a snafoo with last night's bassoon class. I had made arrangements for someone else to teach the class and another person to come to video tape the class so that I could attend an HRPLD event. Although I felt like everything was organized to do this, the video camera, and all of the recording equipment in the room where they keep that stuff for that manner, was missing. This worries me a lot because I was one of the last people to get the combo to this room and it was really stressful for the sub I had in. :( Thankfully one of my students was able to record most of it using his laptop, but sheesh, sometimes you just can't win. Hopefully everything works out.
The HRPLD event was quite interesting. It was really long, not at all what I was expecting content-wise, but I did manage to snag a student membership for 1/2 price essentially saving myself $100. Being a member will also allow for a lot of new opportunities to network at their monthly events and gain access to an online HR databank I wouldn't have complete access to otherwise. Interestingly enough I did meet one lady who works for the school board in labour relations who is actually the girlfriend/fiance/wife (not sure) of a PhD in music candidate that I know.
In other exciting news, Lenny's been a champ taking care of me stressing out about life these days. Tuesday night he washed all of the floors in the house so I could come home to the "lemony scent of fresh" in his own words. Last night he did two loads of dishes, meal planning, grocery shopping, and dropping me off & picking me up from the HRPLD event so I could have a little bit more downtime and less walking in the rain. What a champ. I am SO incredibly thankful to live with such a caring partner at this crazy time of life.
Lenny also got a tentative date for his PhD proposal (he's in the process of reclassifying from a masters to a PhD): May 10. I'm really excited that this is so early in May as it means we should be able to get a decent amount of time in Italy for a vacation. Right now we have to wait until that date can be confirmed, and then we can book flights and start to really plan the nitty gritty stuff!
For those of you that are wondering, my mom is doing really well with the stresses of chemo. She is starting to lose her hair but is in a fantastic (I think) optimistic state of mind about the whole thing. I'm so happy for her. The next chemo treatment (2/6) is on Monday so keep her in your thoughts then!
Well I'm off to get dressed and work on an assignment due later today. Everything seems to take so much longer when you have a headache :-/
No comments:
Post a Comment