Monday, March 21, 2011

Finito Bandito!

I haven't posted for a while because we went to Toronto for the weekend and then I was trying to keep as much stress at bay at possible for my recital tonight. However, that being said, I have a Lot of pictures from the weekend and from tonight to post tomorrow. I'd do it tonight but Len is working away madly at a presentation he has to give tomorrow and he was the last person with the camera's connector cable...

First of all, the recital tonight went better than I could have hoped for: my stamina wasn't an issue, I wasn't even sweating like Miss Piggy by the end of it, I remained calm, my tempi were all respectable speeds (not too fast or too slow), there was a good crowd including my dad and Lenny's family, I looked and felt pretty, and there were a lot of smiling faces (probably 20-ish) in the crowd. I felt so confident about it and can't wait to hear a recording and post it up on YouTube for those of you that couldn't make it but are still interested. Wah. What a Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee relief!!

As for the weekend with Len's family in Toronto, there couldn't have been a better way to spend the last few days prior to my recital. I got to play with Dakota, their dog, a lot and that is always a tonne of fun. She's the most cuddliest dog I've ever met and even let me take the dog sweater on and off several times so I could put darts in it to fit her better. Lenny and I also did a little bit of shopping, went out for dinner with his family for some Delicious Italian-style pizza, and got to go to see The Adjustment Bureau movie with his entire family. As a side note, the movie was actually pretty good -- not as scary as the trailers made it out to be and more of a love story than a drama.

We spent Friday night celebrating his cousin Steph's 24th birthday. The Italian family birthdays are always a lot of fun with copious amounts of delicious foods and lots of happy boistrous conversation. I got to talking with Steph's grandpa for a while and probably only understood about 25% of what he was saying. He thought this was great and just kept on repeating things and laughing. Way too cute!

Tomorrow I'm going to work on (*ahem, start) a Recruitment and Selection paper due at 7 pm and then I don't have any big things due until March 31. Hazaa! Sunday we'll be in Hamilton for Lenny's 30k-Around-the-Bay run so more fun adventures are coming your way over the next few days!

No comments: