So today marks the day when I officially declare that the inevitable pre-performance sickness has begun. Over the last two years, I have got some sort of illness just in time for an audition/performance/recital probably about 75% of the time. This round I have been blessed with a head cold. If you're wondering what it's like to play with a head cold, imagine the hard-to-keep-your-eyes-open feeling of fullness, combined with blowing literally as hard as you can for two or three 45-minute sets. Not so much fun. To top it all off, I burnt the roof of my mouth on my lunch today so the tonguing situation was a little uncomfortable too. In all fairness though, I'm actually quite thankful that I am getting a lot of experience playing when I'm not feeling 100%. This is something I'd have to get used to doing in the "real world" of orchestral playing, real fast, so yay for being prepared.
Tomorrow I'm getting together with some of the ladies of the church. I say ladies, and not girls, because all of them are married and are a wee bit older than me (but still younger than 34! :P). I think this invitation is related to me distancing myself from young adult group, i.e. they're trying to get me plugged into the next age group of people. I'm not really sure that I'm ready to move in to bible studying with only married people-- it's already hard enough to remain a content single! The ladies that I do know that are in this group are excellent people though, with a real heart for Jesus and they are seemingly more committed to one-anothering on a fairly regular basis. We'll see how it goes.
Well I would love to write some more, but I really think it'd be best to spend some more time reading and maximizing my sleep. 'Til next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment