So a lot of bits and pieces of news today. Nothing that's going to get too long of a story
- I didn't start the reed-making journey today as planned. I had to do laundry instead and I was so tuckered out from the day camp this morning that I had to take a nap this afternoon during prime reed-attack time :P
- Day camp... it went ok. Today the "Snake Lady" came to visit and the kids got to hold snakes and spiders and things of the like. I petted a cockroach and a millipied and didn't die. I almost started crying walking there though (I took the wrong 13 and ended up having to walk for a bit). I really think I will not be going back to this "church" for "church" anymore.
- Talking to four people at the same time on MSN is rather difficult. Sorry to anyone who tried to get any news out of me tonight. You should have just called and interrupted my Internet camp-out :P
- Luke is such a good book. I think I probably say this about every book I read but it is true; I am enjoying Luke very much.
- This Sunday we might be having a potluck picnic of sorts for some of the house church supporters in the London area to meet and get to know one another. It will be sooo welcome after yet another week of drama with rvcc.
Ok. Nighty night time. Today's challenge is to get more rest than I did last night so I'm not as tired tomorrow as I was today.
Fun story of the day... apparently this is *news* aka something new ...http://www.ministrytodaymag.com/blog/2007/08/why-young-churchgoers-ditch-church.html
2 comments:
What "church" are you talking about and why are you giving it the "quote" treatment?
As for the church name, I will leave it out for privacy reasons.
I gave it the quote treatment because how I define a church is different than how many do...
Biblically speaking, I am being more and more convinced that God intended for believers to gather in homes, not temple/tabernacleish creations -- Rom. 16:5; I Cor. 16:19, Col. 4:15; Philemon 1:2.
I've also come to the conclusion that every believer in Christ is:
-ordained (John 15:16)
-a priest (I Peter 2:4-10)
-a minister (I Peter 4:10,11)
-a member in Christ's Body.
(I Cor. 12:19-27)
and these things (minus the last one) are not encouraged or acknowledged by many, if not all, members of this church.
I think Christians shouldn't GO to church; we ARE the church wherever we go.
The agenda when we assemble should include:
- one anothering
- being kind to one another
- teaching one another
- edifying one another
- serving one another
- stirring one another up to love good works
- encouraging one another
(Hebrews 10:24,25)
Again I don't feel like these things were being nurtured in me by members of their community.
I'm sure that everyone there acknowledges that church should not be just a Sunday thing, but the fact is that no one will make the time during the week to even so much as fire me an e-mail or a comment like you have been & kind of makes me think this church-is-not-just-on-Sunday idea is not something they highly value. There is no community built without effort and it is not a true church without community. I know that 99% of them attend in families or have grown up together, so that is their Christian community, but they've made verrrry few strides to include me in it, even if I'm initiating the trying, so why bother any more?
Post a Comment