Thursday, August 16, 2007

Quickie

So it's already 11, and I have to get up early again tomorrow for the last day of day camp, so tonight will be another short post. Sorry for not having more tidbits of fun for all of you who read this during slow times at work :P

Tonight was fun. Brent & Jessica had Ruth & I over for some chili and Dutch blitz. Jessica ended up winning, with Brent finishing a close second, myself a very distant third, and then Ruth. I am pretty sure I've never played this game before except if you count the version I played one night in Woodstock (I think... it was with some of the Brethren kids there) where the cards were 4'x3' and you had to run into the middle of a gymnasium to lay down your cards. I had a really good time & smiled so much my face hurts. Always a good feeling :)

Speaking of hurting, my quads hurt so much--between squatting for all the kids' worship songs and squatting to get them to stop hitting each other/ stop colouring the hymnals / stop trying to tie Barry's shoes together, etc., I seem to have done a number on my legs. I can't remember the last time they hurt this much. I think it's more amusing than sad that I can run and run and run to get fit but still be not fit enough to not be sore after running around with 12 year-olds. Good times. God help me for when/if I ever have kids...

Tomorrow I'll be heading out for the C4C summer retreat so your prayers for that would be appreciated. I feel like it's not organized enough and yet at the same time like we've done too much -- guess that means God has some fun surprises in store :)

OK time for sleepies. Talk to y'all later & good night.

No comments: