I was able to set up my Sansa today. For those who don't know, a Sansa is a Microsoft version of the Ipod, except it is better. It stores videos, pictures, music, AND you can listen to FM radio with it -- all for a *fraction* of the MeMeMePod...oops I meant Ipod...guess Apple's marketing to exploit people's love for themselves is getting to me. :P I can hear the tree-huggers now...(those who cling to the Apple tree of life) so I'll move on to Paul Anka.So ever since I heard the cleverness of the Paul Anka's Rock Swings album (you can listen to it online if you google it), I've had a little thing for Paul Anka's hits :). If you're not familiar with the album, he takes songs like Eye of the Tiger, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Tears in Heaven, etc. and has them rearranged to fit in with the big band genre... with *the* tightest band EVER. It was also featured on Gilmore Girls a few times (hence their dog's name "Paul Anka") which further encouraged me to like it (i.e. I'm not the only Paul-Anka-cool-kat out there). Anyhoo, I've played this CD a bit too much (anything amounting to more than twice is probably too much) for my roomy Erin, so for my birthday she bought me Paul Anka: Live at Caesars Palace, Las Vagas!!!!! How appropriate for a 21st birthday. Truly she is the best roomie a girl could have :P :) It even has Put Your Head on My Shoulder... possibly one of the schmultiest songs out there :) Oh Paul Anka, how you rock & I hope you're in heaven one day... but not anytime soon... that's right, I pray for celebrities... and you should too :P


I sent my bassoon case in for repair today. For the low-low cost of $25 it will get spiffed up: all the random white markings on it will be taken off (we think it's floor wax, but no one at the faculty is sure), and a new handle, one that allows liftage, will be put on (I broke it in Waterloo by trying to fix it/make it work better than it was...). I love when people ask what instrument is in the case, to which I say, "a bassoon," and they say, "a what?" and then I repeat, "a bassoon," and then they go, "ooooooooooooh," with a confused look on their face, to which I respond "it's ok if you haven't heard of it before... probably 70% of people have no idea what it is," to which they usually laugh nervously. Good times. Happens on an almost daily occurrence. Today at least five times. One day I will come up with a better response... options include: it's a cello, it's a bomb, it's my pet rock's home, it's Paul Anka... that would be a SWEET name for my bassoon...hmmmmmmmm :)
Other exciting events of today: paying the 1st installment of tuition... yay... successfully preparing a broccoli/chicken dish for dinner, meeting up with another relationally-minded Christian gal (the one with the Jesus is Lord tattoo Declan!).
Well I'm pretty sure it's official that I've spent too much time on today's blog entry so I'm off to do some reading before bed. If anyone has any ideas for something to do on Saturday, my day is all open.
3 comments:
Okay seriously who HASN'T heard of a Bassoon?
As for your Microsoft Mp3 Player... well... We'll see what song you're singing in a few months. :) (Thats comming from someone who doesn't own an iPod either)
Probably about 70% of the general population. When you think about it, not all public schools have music programs anymore, and of those that do, probably only 1/10, if that, have bassoons(you could buy 1 bassoon or 30+ flutes/clarinets...). The vast majority of people have never seen an orchestra play live, or if they have, they were never taught what the instruments are...or it was too long ago to remember.
As for the Mp3 player, we will see what song I'm singing in a few months. I anticipate a happy song. At least with the Sansa you can buy replacement batteries when the current one dies... and not just throw it in the garbage and spend another couple hundred dollars on a new one. :)
Ummmm Paul Anka REALLY REALLY needs us to pray for him.... or maybe just everbody's ears need the prayer so Paul Anka will cease and desist with the singing....
Post a Comment