Tuesday, August 7, 2007

E-mail Kingdom

So I pretty much ignored the Internet while in Brockvegas because it took SOOOOO long to do anything and the computer would crash if you had too many applications running at the same time. So the result of leaving my hotmail, MSN, gmail, and Facebook largely unattended for 5 days? 2 text messages, 4 hotmail e-mails, 64 gmails, and about 25+ wallposts & Facebook messages. Oh joy! So here're some exciting bits of news from the mass e-mailage:
  • 3 oboes have been stolen in Montreal. Also a bassoon in Stone Mountain, GA. Lock up yer haus! [Courtesy of the Internation Double Reed Society, of which I am I quasi-member]
  • The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures has room in the following *exciting* courses: CLC 191F: Haunted Visions: Weimar Film and Literature; The Ministry of Fear: Media Propaganda in the Third Reich; MIT 263G: The Novel and Italain Cinema; CLC 394G/Ger 360G: Berlin: Reco(rd)ding a City; CLC 495G: Borges {what IS this?!}; Italian 230F: The Italian Literary Tradition I; Italian 231G: The Italian Literary Tradition II; Spanish 346G: Modern Spanish American Drama
  • My letter about the need for a concert hall at school is going to be published in the fall issue of a magazine that goes out to all University Alumni (to be mailed in November). The plans for a hall, I have been ensured by a BoG member, will also be discussed at the September BoG meeting :)
  • I've been able to re-connect with a Londoner, Gail, who visited the Norwich fellowship once. We're going to try and meet up at some point and share.
  • Here is a good monkey storey ;) :P...
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/07/plane.monkey/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
  • If I were a Dead German composer, I would be Beethoven... <"http://www.doppelgriff.com/german/beethoven.html"> ... take the test for yourself at <"http://www.doppelgriff.com/german/"> ... [PS Someone please share with me how to do the html properly... I forget... it has been 5 years since I last did any programming] I plan on taking the Dead Russian one at a later time.
  • A gadzillion "Happy Birthday" e-mails. Thank you all for the notes. I really did appreciate them. Please forgive me if it takes some time to respond.

Well that's all for now. I'm SO tuckered out from all this computer activity.

No comments: