So I accomplished everything I set out to do today except for going for a run. That makes five days in a row without any major form of exercise. I really noticed it today when I was practising; not as great of a breath capacity for those silly can't-breathe-anywhere excerpts. Today's excuse for not running was that I didn't feel like getting more hot. I'm noticing that if I I've been really hot for a few hours leading up to my run time, I will talk myself out of it. It should go down to 16 degrees tonight so perhaps I will run first thing tomorrow morning before I can come up with any excuse.
I was working in the music office today so Deb could take some time to help with her daughter's upcoming wedding. It's always nice when you can sense why God's put you in a position he has. Today my job involved talking extensively (>1hr) with a family of an incoming violin student who was denied residence and is having a very difficult time finding a place to live. She also wasn't sure she wanted to stay in music anymore and was really concerned that course load would be overwhelming. I was able to answer a lot of questions for her and her parents and I think they left feeling a little bit better about the whole situation. I think I might have even found a place for her to live this evening (the apartment below me has an opening and the two that are there already are music students). I really do like spreading Jesus-love with people who're in need of it. Who doesn't?
During the first few hours of my shift, it was really slow, so naturally I turned to Facebook for entertainment. I've been praying for a few days to see if it was the right move and decided to move ahead and make a group for "Western Needs A Performance Hall" encouraging alumni and students to take similar action to raise awareness of the issue to the people up the hill and those in the community with the moola to make it happen. In less than 10hours, we've had 39 people join, including a looooooooot of people I don't know (i.e. they're probably alumni). I talked to a few staff today about it and they were also fairly excited and reaffirmed that there are likely no repercussions that could fall on me down the line. Good times with being a mover and a shaker. Like Lorne says, I'm *intense.* Good thing intensity pays off in some areas :)
So I am reading this FANTABULOUS book right now that EVERYONE should read. If I could say something that could get you to read this book, insert it here: ___________________________________. Honestly it will aide your life in ways you might never thought possible. It has brought me great joy and great peace and I *highly* recommend it. Get the point yet :P?!! It is available online in PDF file (I've posted it on the right hand side there) but if you would prefer the paperback copy, just let me know.
OK so the last goody for the day, Mike & I agree that he shouldn't be the only one commenting on this here blog. So leave a comment!! I like to know who is reading and know that you don't think I'm completely bonkers for typhoon of "news" I'm dealing out here on a daily basis.
Good night & God bless.
P.S. I found a great online Christian radio station called Klove.com... not sure what the K is for, but I've been enjoying their musical selection. I know a lot of you are always on the look out for these web-sites so here you go!
P.P.S. Also got the address of another more relational / not so much of a traditional church-goer 's blog. She is Welland, which I understand is not too far away! Take a visit to http://somebelieversinwelland.blogspot.com/2007/07/about-us.html to see for yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment