Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Enjoying the Lord in Seemingly Boring Events

Well today was about as action-packed of a summer day as I think my commitments can allow for. I got a chance to meet up with Kolten and give him his and Dave Cameron's letters from Summerit. I do really enjoy encouraging people so this was a fun time. Kolten encouraged me to consider donating blood... this seems like something that a lot of people are doing these days. I shall have to give it some more thought, but I am thinking I will likely try this sometime in the near future. Any stories or advice on this?

After meeting with Kolten I worked in the music office for an hour and answered a few phone calls but mostly surfed the net to discover what my Visa Reward Points could now be redeemed for. I was also able to have a good chat with one of the guys in the office about OT (Old Testament) vs. NT laws & regulations. This helped my good start to the day ... two excellent conversations on topics I enjoy with guys who probably enjoyed them just the same.

So the small blessings in life continued on with my work at the clothing/variety store I work at every once in a blue moon. Rather than having to do an excessive amount of cleaning, which we usually do during the summer because it is so slow, I was absolutely blessed that I got to count, recount, tag, and fold 100 bandannas. This may not sound like a blessing to many of you but if you've ever spent 4.5 hours with a bottle of Windex or vinegar & water, for several days a week, in a small 15'x30' store, you might see it as a blessing too. In a sense the mindless work is great because you get to pray and/or day dream the whole time =). If I had a "normal" job that required more thoughtful effort, I likely would not have had as many spiritual successes this summer. The mindless work has been good. Who would have thought I'd say that a few months ago?!?!

The PM of my day included some cooking of pasta (I think this was possibly the first dinner/lunch I've made in almost four or five days...) and a trip to a work friend's place to watch Big Brother 8. While not the most stimulating of television choices, the conversations that arise from such gatherings make it worth almost anyone's while to put up with the house antics.

So all around, good times today... Nothing too exciting, but another day of enjoying the Lord when I could just have been moping about how much life sucks :P

Talk to y'all tomorrow.

No comments: