Sunday, August 26, 2007

New records

Before I go any further, I really ought to disclose that I was working as a server at a wedding tonight for some extra cash. It was work really, not going bar hopping... promise... I will probably end up deleting this post tomorrow after I come to my non-exhausted senses (I was there for 10 hours & just got home around 2:30am) but alas here is some fun news for now.

So tonight I set two new records:

1) Oldest age of a guy asking me out... was somewhere in the 20s, now 34! 3-4! Gah! I wasn't even dressed even remotely provocatively (Kate & Mandy can attest!) but apparently that doesn't matter for me. rah-rah-rah. :( In all fairness I did engage in a conversation with a *sober* him about scuba diving & growing up in Eastern Ontario (he was from the O-dot) for quite a while before the party really got started. He was still sober enough though that things could have gone on a little more gentlemanly... Thank goodness for my gfs interrupting our conversations a few times or else he may have cornered me even more... gah. boys...

2) Number of men overtly expressing interest in a 12-hour period... probably was one or two before this evening, now is four. Let's just say that I have new male "friends" that are a) a Zamboni driver (for real!), b) a 10+year Loblaws veteran employee, c) a full-time bartender who will hit on any girls aged 15-50!, and d) some mystery man who thinks white shoes go with formal wear. Two of these guys were fairly if not 100% sober which I guess makes me feel better? or is it worse? I don't really even know... The other two were pretty plastered soooo again, is this supposed to make me feel better or worse? Time to start developing ways to turn guys totally off within 30 seconds or less.

Alright well it is almost 3am now and I suppose I'm still thinking about whether or not to "go to church" tomorrow morning or not. I was hoping I'd have this figured out by now, but alas, I shall be deciding tomorrow at approximately 8am. w00t.

No comments: