Friday, August 31, 2007

10 Random Fun Summer Facts

Being that the summer is now almost officially over, I thought it'd be fun to share some fun things I have learned this summer...

1. I like tangos... especially those performed by Yo-Yo Ma. I love the emotions that come from it & I have even learned to love the accordion too.

2. I'm actually starting to really like the business-world. I must admit that going into it last summer, it was more for a challenge than it was because I enjoyed it, but alas, God is good, and now I like this more useful portion of my degree programme.

3. Cooking with salt is important. For the last year, I've pretty much avoided salt altogether because "they" say it's "bad for you." However, I've discovered that it does truly make a world of difference especially in cooking pasta.

4. Measuring using a micrometer works remarkably better when cane is placed concave-side up... I have wondered for three YEARS why my reeds are always too thin when I get to a certain stage of the reed-making process -- turns out I'd been measuring incorrectly all along!

5. I have a difficult time parting with clothes... even those that I haven't worn for over three years now. I have had a growing "give to Goodwill" pile for a year now, but haven't been able to give it away just yet. Erin (my roomie) made me throw out some dried flowers from times ago today so perhaps I can keep the ball rolling and purge the pile this week.

6. I have conquered my disdain for reading. Ever since I hit high school I have avoided pleasure reading at all costs. Next stop, conquering my disdain for movies...

That is all for now... Time to log some zzzs for the big day of work tomorrow (it will likely be absolutely crazy). Cheers!

No comments: