So with the wonders that are the blogging world & Internet, you too could read what's happening in the life of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend when you have some extra time that you have to spend in front of the computer. I got to Rachel's web-site because she is a friend of Wendi, who is a friend of Joia, who is the older sister of my friend Andrew (Congo Andrew not Sobee's Andrew) & I was sitting in the music office for an extended period of time the other day. Anyhow, I really enjoyed this post so I thought I'd share in the fruits that come of Internet creeping: http://rachelandhans.blogspot.com/2007/08/all-i-ever-need-to-know-in-life-i.html . From what I gather, Rachel just finished her pediatric rotation in her training to become a certified dentist. Her post chronicles fun stories of her encounters with wee ones at the dentist office.
In other exciting news, I did end up going to church today & had an ok time of it. I woke up at 7:52 sans my alarm going off (I didn't set it either, but if I did, it would have gone of at 8). I figured it was enough of a "sign" (along with the subsiding of yesterday's uneasiness) to go to church. Today two missionaries, originally from the church, shared their stories of working for YWAM (Youth With A Mission) for the last 18 months during the sermon time. I got a chance to speak a little bit to the guy at the cornroast this evening (I would have talked to the wife but I had a reallllly hard time understanding her... not sure exactly what her accent was either) and enjoyed sharing stories about what God is doing amongst the young people here & in Western Europe, what the spiritual climate was like in Scotland, and how I feel about my role in the great commission. I could probably talk about these topics for hours but there were so many people listening in on our conversation, and giving facial expressions I couldn't read very well, that I really stopped myself short in my answers. This is fairly unusual for me but seems to be becoming more and more common amongst this crowd of people. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not... seems to be a theme of the weekend :P I'm sure with more thought I will get a better idea of how to figure it out.
Anyhow, I seem to have accumulated quite the mess of random stuff in my bedroom over the last few days so I'm going to go attend to that & call 'er a night. See y'all tomorrow at Mike & Tandy's perhaps!
No comments:
Post a Comment