Friday, August 24, 2007

The Wonderful World of Web-sites

So I think today I will go through a few web-sites that I've been meaning to share over the past few days. I'd be interested to know your thoughts on them!
  1. http://www.theschoolofchrist.com/ This web-site, while I haven't made it through all of the articles (this would take months!) seems to represent fairly well with where I'm at right now in my walk with the Lord. I read the founder's story about how the web-site & his views came to be and everything seems right on to me so far. I have been finding it very difficult to define where I am when describing why I don't "go to church." I've taken to describing myself as part of the house fellowship movement, but I don't think that works so well anymore as people aren't getting the full idea of what the particular group I gather with is all about... it is not a smaller version of the big thing (probably the number one problem with some house fellowships); it does not have members that have left "left the church" solely because of bitterness, rebellion, or isolation from other church members (probably the most common conclusion Christians jump to about house fellowshippers... and it is true in some cases... just not here); it is literally all about Jesus... all about growing closer to Him.
  2. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/story/2007/08/22/saskatoon-lawsuit.html Note to self: You can file a complaint to the AFM (American Federation of Musicians... all professional North American musicians belong to this union) that your conductor takes erratic tempi for the strings, but slower tempi for the woodwinds. However, the conductor can in turn sue you... even if you are in Saskatoon...
  3. http://members.shaw.ca/anabw/grease.htm For those of you who have sound capabilities at your office jobs... this video uses very poor video editing skills to produce a very fantastically-funny video :) . Babies sing the hit tunes to Grease with a few word modifications. Hope you laugh as much as I did!
  4. http://www-old.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/~morph/Transformer/ So this web-site is good if you have a bit more time on your hands... You can transform your face to see what you'd look like as...
Afro-Caribbean












As a manga/anime cartoon character












Painted by Painted by Modigiliani.













Painted by Mucha... a fantastic turn-of-the-century Czech painter.









And finally... as an apewoman.

Haha good times. Perhaps I shall have to try this without glasses someday when I have a lot more free time on my hands... this was just a quick one.

Ok, off to bigger and better things now! Tata!

P.S. I have NO idea why the formatting has gone all wacko on me... I will try and figure that out sometime when I'm with someone with more coding experience...

No comments: