So my exam went ok. No real surprises but a there were definitely a few questions that I had noo idea what the answer is or if I have ever read anything that would help me to answer it correctly. Not too many of those, so overall good times & I am now officially done school for the summer -- one month vacation, here I come!
The drive back to Brockvegas went by in record time -- just under 5 hours. I forget that it is always faster to drive up-country than down. Things haven't changed too much here although the retail parts of town look nothing like they did for the years I lived here.
Today's excitement involved birthday clothes shopping (yeah Mom!) and learning to drive standard (yeah Keely!). Both of them were very patient with me and overall I didn't stress out too much. In the last few years I've grown to not enjoy shopping so much probably due to the restrictions on my budget, shoulder pain with lifting tops on and off (still! 2 years later! ...must find a trainer again), change of style, not having the time, not knowing the stores, nothing fitting "right." My mom was a trooper though and sent maximized our shopping time with great efficiency. Go mom! A mere 3hours later, I now have a new pair of jeans, shoes, t-shirt, and black performance top.
As for the standard driving, honourable mention for patience should probably also be given to my sister Erin who sat in the backseat for my lesson. All-in-all I think I did ok -- only stalled once... but that being said, I don't plan on moving beyond parking-lot driving in the new car anytime soon.
Well I think I'm going to head off to bed for some reading. This computer is too slow to surf the net on anyways -- it's so slow that it takes a few seconds for whatever I've typed up to appear on the screen... it's also so slow that it takes about 15 min from the time you push the on button to the time you can answer your first e-mail. May God grant me patience, the ability to spell accurately the first time, and a newfound appreciation for non-computer contact with my friends & family (especially those with computers BBC... built before Christ).
Tata for now!
P.S. Never will I again forget to pack me reeds WITH MY BASSOON. Stupid me left my big case on the window sill back home because I was in such a rush to leave / wanted to pack light musically-speaking. Good thing that I had just thrown a bunch of newly-dead reeds in my case a few days ago.... hopefully I can revive them for a few more days of glory with the random reed tools I managed to pack. If we can arrange it, I'm going to have an orchestral excerpt-coaching session with my very first bassoon teacher who conviently now lives around the corner. Back in his glory days he played with the National Ballet Orchestra so he always has a lot of great stories about things not to do :)
No comments:
Post a Comment