So tonight I've driven myself a little mad for a lack of activity. I've had a headache, from spending too much time in the sun today, since about 6:00 which has limited what I wanted to do. Today will be a no-practise day :( ... which is too bad, but it is pretty warm in here soooo I suppose this headache is a blessing in disguise that way. I tried to do some extra reading but alas that also did not work because I could not concentrate due to the headache. It's a good thing I have to hit the sack early tonight, because I am running out of suitable activities reallllllllly fast. I tried watching the *new* tv, but alas that did not work so much either; the French channel had people speaking too fast (and it was coverage of an African country's elections... of which I know little vocab or can understand their accents very well), National Geographic was covering chimps or apes or something, which at this point is of no interest to me, and the other channels had just the usual bad Saturday-night programming. I tried resuming the oh-so-addicting habit of http://www.scrabulous.com/, but after losing two games by over a hundred points and tying the last one, I don't think that's probably a wise way to spend my time either (I will destroy my rating). So I guess this leaves other computer activities... so I'm catching up with some old friends on MSN and meandering through Facebook groups. Oh joy. Too bad I'm presenting myself as a crazy-person to my old friends because the headache is intensifying to the point where it is difficult to form meaningful sentences (probably evident by this posting as well). Note to self: You MUST drink more than 1/2 litre of water when outdoors for four hours -- especially after exercising. The thing is I went for a run this morning for 40minutes and it seemed waaaaaaaaay hotter than normal, then went uptown to pickup my bassoon case (about an hour on the bus, sans air conditioning), then waited for the next bus (1/2 hour), then took that bus back downtown (another hour), then walked to the train station & bus station to get travel arrangements sorted out for tomorrow, then walked to the bank, caught a bus to the grocery store, got on yet another non-air conditioned bus. Total time outside or on a non-air conditioned bus = approximately 5-6 hours. That is waaaaaaay to long when you're not feeling well in the first place. I know most of you would just pop a tylenol or whatever and feel better in 1/2 hour but praise God I'm the lucky one He's teaching to rely on Him and not medication. You'd be surprised how often God uses the mild illnesses and ailments to try and teach us something only to find that instead we pop pills to shut Him up. Good times. Sorry God.
OK I'm off to find something better to do. I think I'm just talking in circles about nothing exciting anyhow.
P.S. http://www.klove.com/ is a great radio station... I think I said this yesterday, but I'm not tired of it yet!
P.P.S. Anyone in prayer-warrior mode can pray for a girl who was on Andrew's trip to Uganda. She's come down with malaria and can't fly home to Alaska as soon as she had hoped. Pray that she would learn whatever lesson the Lord has in mind for her in this quickly :O)
No comments:
Post a Comment