Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Post #400

It's taken a few years, but I've reached 400 posts! I hope you've enjoyed the updates and silly things I've found on the internet.

The scarf is coming along really well. I really like the alpaca yarn; it's so soft and nice to work with. It's about 2-3 feet long now and I've already started the second ball of yarn. I suspect it will finish in the next day or so. I'm pretty sure I will make another for myself at some point in the near future.

Tuesday morning we dropped off the car for repairs and picked up our rental car, an Impala. Just before we were to leave this morning to pick up the repaired car, we got a call that it wouldn't be ready until early next week. Wah wah. At least with some tetris of items in the garage we were able to get the very long car into garage before SnOMG last night.

We got about 1 1/2 feet of snow last night. While walking to the bus stop had to be done in the middle of the road instead of the sidewalk, and it took three tries to make it through the snow bank at the end of the driveway on the way home this morning, it hasn't really effected us too much. Our landlord's dad came and used the snowblower this afternoon so as long as the winds don't pick up we should be a-okay.

Another story of note is a "silly" moment from yesterday. Poor Lenny was making dinner last night using a frying pan that can go in the oven and went to grab the handle and burnt his hand pretty badly. Then today he somehow burnt his hand in a liquid nitrogen tank. Needless to say I'll be doing a lot of the dishes for the next little while.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to hit up another networking fair on campus before class and then for dinner we're heading out to the Mandarin with a bunch of Lenny's lab mates. Yay for Chinese New Year! It will also be our 23-month anniversary. Looking forward to the 2-year mark on March 3. It many ways it seems like yesterday that we met and he still puts a little glint in my eyes. What a guy :)

No comments: