Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dinner is the oven. Tonight we're having Shepherd's pie with some left over mashed potatoes from a pork tenderloin dish a few days ago. I'm still looking for various potato recipes as we have about 20 left from a sack that Len's Nona sent down for us a while back.

Not for tonight, but I'm thinking these Baked Parmesan Zucchini sticks are in our near future. They look so yummy.

This morning I ran through the Telemann Bassoon Sonata in F with my accompanist. We're performing it in my studio recital on Thursday evening. Hopefully my stamina will be a wee bit better than it was in rehearsal today, but other than that, I'm pretty happy with how things are coming along. In hindsight, running up the stairs before playing is also a good thing to avoid.

After rehearsal I went out to the Spencer Lodge for the faculty of music annual Christmas Dinner. The buffet was scaled back significantly more than it is during the holidays but still had some fairly delicious food. My favourite? Cheese tortellini. I love pasta.

After some good eats I came home and read another chapter for my midterm on Thursday and then had a quick 20 minute nap. After that, I went to pick up Len from the hospital and we headed off to Starbuck's/Chapters/Petsmart. I enjoyed a delicious tall skinny vanilla latte, but after spending $4 for a small drink, I've decided that that will be my last latte for a while. It's time to start drinking black coffee and saving some money. We didn't see anything in Chapters but did see that Petsmart is having a puppy adoption weekend this weekend. While we still aren't committed to getting a pup quite yet, I'm enjoying this stage of finding out lots of information. Currently, I'm thinking a Cocker Spaniel may be the perfect match -- not too big, not too hairy, and super cute! We'll see how things go...

Well I'm going to go check on the Shepherd's pie and do some more reading!

No comments: