After cruising through some different knitting patterns in class today, I decided to pimp out my first red scarf by adding a flower at the bottom. It was a little trickier than I thought it'd be, but I'm still really happy with it.
I think my next project will be the Hoodie Dog Coat for Dakota, Len's family dog. She's been sick for the past few days and hopefully when we're up to visit in two weeks, we can take her out for a good run wearing it. I'm quite excited for this one.
Other small victories of the day:
- My book report for that book I haven't started reading yet that was originally due today at midnight, is now do Sunday at midnight. Guess I wasn't the only student who's had a lot of school work this week. Ahhhhhh relaxation.
- I ran fast tonight. 9:28 min/km. That might not seem like much to about 99% of you, but my average pace over the last month has been around 10:00 min/km. There were also times I was in the 8's. How nice it is to see some progression.
- Yoga after running really helped to get rid of the "maul someone like a bear" feeling I have afterwards often. What a relief to have found some way to help. Hopefully I'll find some way to channel this after future exercises.
- Rather than sitting still when I didn't feel like it, I actually turned off the tv (ok well ignored it) and vacuumed and washed all the floors on the main level (plus the bathroom upstairs). The floors have needed to be done for about two weeks and now the sweet smell of lemon Mr. Clean is bringing a smile to my heart.
- Today I mailed off my package (scarf, hat, card) to my mom. I'm proud of myself for actually doing that today because often times I'll wait days and days with things I have to mail before actually getting around to doing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment