Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2-22

Snow is forecasted for Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday this week. I know we live in Canada but this winter, we've had a lot of snow and it just seems to keep coming and coming. I know before long I'll be complaining that it's too hot so I guess I just need to learn to enjoy this a bit more...

Today I worked at the store for most of the day and made a whopping $2.36 in sales. I did manage to size (order from XXS-XXXL) everything in the entire store minus a stack of like 300 t-shirts. I think it's going to be a long week with 3 more 5-hour shifts to come. Thankfully I did anticipate the slowness and brought an article to read as well as several crossword puzzles. I'm thinking of graduating to a magazine or, gasp, novel tomorrow. Suggestions are welcome although keep in mind there's no cell phone reception or internet access.

Tonight we went to see No Strings Attached with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. It was quite cute and was very enjoyable. Lots of smiles all around. It's about a medical student who doesn't want to make the time for a relationship but ends up falling in love with a guy anyways. There were a fair amount of jokes interspersed and I think Lenny even liked it. Feel-good movies are almost always welcome on my part.

Now we're watching America's Funniest Home Videos and enjoying some more smiles. Gotta love people wiping out, slamming into different objects unexpectedly, and funny pranks.

Tomorrow morning I'm hoping to check out the GoodLife in the morning, make another resume for a prospective job offer (Sun Life again), make reservations for our Valentine's celebrations on Saturday (at Braise... never been but have heard good things), and check in with my mumsy who had her first day of chemo today -- what a champ! I talked to her tonight and she seemed to be in really good spirits as well as not feeling too out of the norm. How wonderful! I really hope that she only experiences mild symptoms at best.

Well I think that's all for now. I'm going to go enjoy some fresh baked banana bread created from our bananas that only stayed ripe for 1 day?! I swear they were green two days ago when we left... ah well. Banana bread sure is yummy!

No comments: