Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cross Country Skiing


Today, on the warmest day since December probably, Lenny and I had a fantastic time at the Circle R Ranch just outside of London. We had a Group-on for 75-minute cross country skiing lessons and learned all sorts of different techniques to practice including the ever popular "sit down" aka fall on your butt. We went out on a 2-km trail after the lesson and fell some more but both really enjoyed the extreme quiet of being out of the city, a pristine metre or so of snow to ski on, and the rythmic swoosh swoosh swooshing of the skiis. We will definitely try this again although it's possible I will not be able to walk for a few days... time will tell!

After dropping Lenny off at a hockey game with his little brother (of Big Brothers, Big Sisters), I got to work on my book report. I'm happy to report that I've already submitted it despite still having a few hours before the deadline! Turns out the book wasn't actually all that bad and thanks to its superfluous use of subtitles, was pretty quick to summarize.

Study-wise I'm now moving onto preparing for a Recruitment and Selection midterm on Tuesday evening (6 chapters to go), an HR Planning midterm on Friday afternoon (4 chapters to go), and rehearsals on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. My bassoon students are also writing their midterms on Wednesday evening and I still have to prepare that. No rest for the wicked I tell ya.

Well I need to go and book some time of work as well as some rooms for all these rehearsals so I'll see yall later!

No comments: