Yesterday was a lot of fun. We always enjoy getting back to Lenny's family's place for a visit. I took Dakota out for a walk in the morning and then spent most of the afternoon knitting while everyone watched the Daytona 500 car race (which was plagued by something like 14 crashes! how entertaining!). The doggie jacket is coming along well; I am a little over half done now. I'm hoping I don't run out of yarn though -- Dakota is quite the porker and this is ending up being a Really large dog sweater! For dinner we had some delicious slow cooked ribs with really crispy potato bits. Nummy nummy nummys! There was also some apple pie, blueberry pie, and banana bread/muffins for dessert. Silvana really outdid herself cooking wise and also made two huge pots of chili of which we got to take home about 3 or 4 meals worth.
This morning we left bright and "early" for a sunny drive home. It snowed about 10 cm in Toronto and about 30 cm in London but the roads were in fairly good shape. When we arrived back at the house though, some convenient Audi driver decided that parking right in front of our driveway was a great place to park! Seriously?! Our street has ample street-side parking and there's no need to park directly in front of our driveway. Ugh. Anyhoo, so out into the snow banks we got. After parking the car on the side of the road for only a few hours I went outside to pick up Lenny from work only to find out that the Audi had left and a snowplow had since gone by leaving 2ft-high banks around the car... Just when I thought winter was over! Anyhoo a path has now been made and a lot of bad karma has been focussed on the driver of that stupid car. Good luck buddy!
This afternoon I had a fairly productive practice session. My recital is coming up quickly - one month today! I'm quite excited to get this last hurdle of my music degree over with.
Tonight we attempted to go to the GoodLife gym to start my 1-month free pass that I won at the MS trivia night, however, they were closing at 6 because of the holiday so we decided to leave it until tomorrow.
I'm making some of those mini peanut butter cup cookies again except this time with some additional walnut pieces. The recipe I'm modifying is this Best Chocolate Chip Cookies recipes if you're interested in trying it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment