Sunday, February 27, 2011

Gifts!

After my adventure in St. Thomas, I was so excited to give Lenny the purchased part of his birthday gift that I couldn't wait a whole month to give it to him!

The first hurdle was finding a gift bag that wasn't Christmas-y or girly. This Baby Gap bag was the closest due to its brown colour:I grabbed some of my scrapbook odds and ends and made this:

Into the bag went this statue of a smirking bear getting ready to maul a fish. It's an extension of the story of when Charlie and Jake are looking for a birthday gift for his mother on Two and A Half Men: Len always calls me his bear because I hibearnate longer in the morning than he does, I build myself little dens with blankets by the fire sometimes at night, and sometimes I express my desire to want to maul something to death. Ha!

Here's me immitating the bear smirk to my best abilities:So what was in the gift bag and worthy of a 30-minute trip you ask? Disc golf frisbees! These are really hard to find and I'm pretty sure nowhere sells them in London. They're over $20 a piece and not that light so it really doesn't lend well to purchasing over the Internet. Anyhoo here's the happy "birthday" boy with his gifts:

No we're really hoping for warmer weather to go out and use them. Today we had 15 cm of snow so maybe it's a bit further along than I anticipated. There is even snow on my nice spring wreath :(

No comments: