Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

So here a few things that have gone well today/ the last few days:
  • My Tuesday night midterm went super well. Despite only reading about 60% of the material in great detail, I'm pretty sure I scored around 90%. Looking forward to how things turn out once the marking is finished.
  • Last night we made some beef tenderloin and broiled sweet potatoes. Broiling sweet potatoes is the way to go people! I never understood why baking them never tasted quite right, but broiling was Perfect. Tossed in a little bit of EVOO and sea salt = deliciousness!
  • I've started work on Dakota's dog jacket. The yarn and materials only cost $4 which is great. The new needles needed were less than $20 too and since I can use those again, I'm quite happy with the cost of this project. I'm a little confused as to what one of the early instructions means but hopefully after a good sleep things will look a little clearer.
  • It is Finally warming up here. Today I could even see the road and not 1-foot-thick-ice. The best part is that it's supposed to get even warmer over the next few days. Bye bye snow. I'm so happy to see you go.
  • My rehearsal this morning went really well. I was a bit nervous because I can't exactly remember the last time I practiced this movement, but 20 min of silent practice while listening to a Milan Turkovic recording seemed to do the trick.
  • I applied for a Government of Canada job today and it was quite the process; lots of seemingly irrelevant questions. One of the awesome things that came of this? Turns out I score "medium" on my French skills. Considering I haven't spoken it regularly in yeares this was a pleasant surprise. It also means should I actually get an interview, I won't have to study an enormous amount to pass the language test. Woot!
Well I'm off to enjoy some Farmville!

No comments: