Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pants!

Yay! I feel so successful; It is only 11:18 and I am at home and ready for bed :) It is a good thing to as I will most definitely benefit from a good nights' sleep.

Today I finally got around to hemming some jeans I got in August... Seeing as it probably only took about 20min, I'm trying to figure out why I didn't do this sooner. I also finally broke down and found a pair of awesome black dress pants. It dawned on me that I have been looking casually for over a year and now that I'm playing contrabassoon, I *really* had to break down and find some (I usually wear skirts when I perform, but playing the contra involves having the instrument in between your legs, which is not so conducive to skirt-wearing). While I really enjoy fashion and shopping for clothes, I quite detest trying things on. After about four rounds of clothing, I tend to beeline it out of the mall telling myself that I'll just do it another day. I've been doing this for over a year with respect to finding a pair of dress pants, but today I buckled down and tried on, thankfully, only about ten pairs before I found the lucky on sale ones.

Tomorrow is our first orchestra concert. We'll be playing Mendelssohn's Overture to Midsummer Night's Dream, Mozart's Esultate Jubilate, & Brahm's Symphony No. 2. There's been a lot of extra talk in the London newspapers about the music faculty, largely because of petitions to get a new hall but nevertheless, it will be interesting to see if that effects the audience numbers at all.

I'm pretty sure I will be going to my first Life Teen mass tomorrow night with Beth (a girl I lived across from in first year). Hopefully the timing works out; the concert starts at 3pm & we'd have to leave for mass by 5... I'll let you know how that goes.

P.S. Sorry for the poor grammar/arrangement of thoughts... it comes with the tiredness.

No comments: