Yay! My finance exam is finally all done with! Now I can go back to resuming a more regular lifestyle for the next few weeks :) All things considered, the exam went fairly well.
The rehearsal with Symphony Hamilton went *much* better this week; funny how having a working instrument makes such a large difference. I have to admit though, I'm getting pretty frustrated with myself and these rehearsals. I am making too many stupid mistakes for my own liking and the only thing I can really blame it on is tiredness (Wednesdays are very long days for me). Tonight I made special point of counting like a madwoman & it did help considerably but I was still doing STUPID things like throwing in random G-sharps where they CLEARLY would never exist. 'Tis nice that I get a chance to work through all these "new person in the industry" kinks before I start bigger gigs.
Speaking of bigger gigs, it's kind of neat that I noticed the ticket prices for this upcoming concert ($5-$28). $28 is the most I think I've ever had anyone to pay to come and hear me play (in some form or other... it's not like I have any huge parts). Neato, eh?
Well it looks like another long day lies ahead for me tomorrow; 9:15am rehearsal through to a 10pm concert at the Spoke put on by a Christian guy friend from Brockville (Zach Havens anybody?). I'm in pretty chipper spirits though.
No comments:
Post a Comment