Monday, October 29, 2007

Sunday... A day of ... Alcan?

This morning was spent researching the four business groups that together make up Alcan Inc. I decided that it'd be best to be prepared for a meeting that I had with my finance group this afternoon as opposed to going to some churchy group that is still yet to be determined. We spent a few hours on it today and I think it's going to be ok. Things certainly would have gone more smoothly if a) there was wireless internet on campus (it decided to cut out today) b) everyone had more of an idea what they were talking about. All in all I feel quasi-ok with how this presentation is going to turn out. We're meeting with our prof tomorrow afternoon to get the official "it's presentable" sticker so let's all hope that goes well.

Tonight I finally made it out to my first Through the Roof. I was *super* excited at the sheer numbers (the Wave probably would've only held 30 or so more people) & more specifically the sheer number of people I did not recognize (well over 80%). It's always encouraging to know that there are soooo many more Christians on campus than you realize :). The speaker really hit a Holy Spirit nerve for a lot of people I think too as he felt really called to speak about how we'd rather be busy then spend still quiet time with the Lord. I cannot tell you how thankful I am that that message is being preached to the masses. Please join me in prayer that this message will not be forgotten.

Seeing as it is 1am already and I usually try and be in bed by 11pm on Sunday nights, I'll close out with a few prayer requests & explain more later:

- "Congo" Andrew has arrived safely in Mexico for a 4ish-week stay. Pray for safety/usefulness/health/ the usual ;)
- pray for the people that have heard my testimony; I've told it four times in the last three days... God's up to something
- for Rob & Ada (Ada is Andrew's sister in-law and is having some pregnancy complications)
- PRAISE GOD that He answers even our tiniest of prayers; I've been having a LOT of exciting and awesome spiritual conversations lately, just as desired :)

Nighty night night

No comments: