Thursday, October 11, 2007

Freaky Friday

Tomorrow is going to be a pretty insanely stressful day; a big midterm from 5:30-7:30 & a concert on an instrument I've had for just over a week at 8:00. I definitely felt the stress setting in already today and have discovered that I seem to have forgotten what it feels like to:

- be so tired that I can't keep my eyes open, even when someone is talking directly to me AND I am standing up
- not be able to form a proper sentence, no matter how hard I try
- have some sort of body ache (this time it is my right shoulder) that interrupts the most normal of activities (something's so funky with it right now that it is particularly painful to open doors... I blame lugging around the contrabassoon)
- completely forget when "now" exactly is... time, day, month, season, year...
- do the bouncy-head thing in lecture; when you're falling asleep and you jerk your head up at the last second to prevent you from doing so
- have such difficulties concentrating on a particular passage that it takes a good 1/2 hr to do what can normally be done in five minutes
- misrepresent what I'm trying to say in such a way that it comes out as insulting, even when it's not meant to be in the slightest
- totally brush conversations off because I simply don't have it in me to have *any* form of meaningful conversation beyond "Hello. I am tired."
- be so tired, that everything is HILARIOUS

The last one makes me happy, so if you're thinking I'm feeling blue about being stressed, think again. I may not be able to form a sentence, but I can still smile and laugh at you when you do stupid things.

Speaking of laughing & dealing with business-related stress, this video always seems to help. I'm sure *many* of you will really appreciate this. March 22. Don't forget.



P.S. There was another article in the student newspaper today quoting moi, not supremely accurately btw but n/m... so read it when you want to prevent your own bobbity-bop-bop moment in class.

No comments: