Monday, October 22, 2007

A Surreal Weekend

Sorry I have not posted in a while; the blogger site seems to be having some difficulties.

The above picture is from my high school auditorium, taken this past Friday night. Going into high school, one of my biggest problems was that I could not find any other Christians that were actively seeking the Lord at the time. While I do not blame my falling away period of high school on the lack of Christian fellowship, I certainly do recognize that it played a huge role. Knowing this, I imagine you can catch a mere glimpse of my answer-to-prayer emotion to return to BCI four years later to find a *crowd* of teens worshipping and praying in that auditorium.
To add to the surrealism, I got to hear Andrew (Congo Andrew as many of you know him; from my house fellowship) quasi-preach for the first time (he was representing Teen Missions International). It is a bizarre thing indeed to see someone whom you've had so many spiritual conversations with, share the same concepts and ideas in a sermon. Seeing him preach & pray for kids that are exactly in the same place I was many moons ago also added to the memorableness (I know that's not a word) of this moment. I took pictures (kind of a rarity for me) because I couldn't quite get over the shock of it all in the moment, even though I knew he'd be speaking in the area for quite a few weeks. I think I'm still in a bit of shock to be quite honest; perhaps I will blog on this more at a later time, after I've had a chance to think through why God allowed this to happen and why at this time...

While I was back in Brockville for not even 24 hours, I did get in some quality chat time with my parents & sister, Erin. For all of you who pray regularly for my family, I thank you immensely; God is moving.

Here's a cute picture of me with my sister Erin & my dog, Starsky:


Anyhow, time for bed! Hopefully the blogger site is runner smooth again tomorrow and I shall have another exciting post for you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I was sitting at my table thinking about Crosswalk and what kind of impact it is having in Brockville...

Is it having any effect on anyone?

Then I was searching for pictures for BCI for my web page and here is this web page with pictures I remember...and I'm in them!!

Thank you Heather for sharing your heart about that evening. It was such an encouragement:)
May God bless you and keep you in all that you do...to further His Kingdom

Peace
Greg
(BTW I'm the guy sitting on the stage behind "Congo Andrew")