So I did think of something I could post later last night but the silly blogger site wasn't working again...
Yesterday I was chatting with a classmate about what age we thought we'd have kids by, and it dawned on me that if I think about having kids by age 30, by the time I finish school at 25 (if I do this internship & do a masters), that leaves a FIVE-YEAR CAREER?!?! I know many good musicians who are able to balance a family with a performing career but I'm really pessimistic that that will work out super well for me...particularly if we wanted to home school. I know that these things are soooooooo far down the road and so I wouldn't worry about them, but at the same time, sheesh!! All this work for 5 years out in the 'real world' uninterrupted?!?!
Believe it or not, I only have about 20 or so pages left to cover for my finance exam tomorrow. Every time I do this 100s-of-pages-read-in-a-few-days thing, I tell myself I really should never do it again but alas this has not sunk in yet. Oh the joy. My legs actually feel funny because I've been sitting down for way longer periods than normal. This can't be healthy :-P
Well that's enough procrastinating the final 20 pages; here I go!
1 comment:
Hey, I don't think your training will be wasted even if you only end up with a "five year career". I think any knowledge we gain will end up benefiting us later on in life, no matter what we end up doing!
Post a Comment