I have to say I am *quite* impressed with all of this vacation time. I have slept, exercised, cooked, etc, etc, all more in the last few weeks than the whole months of October-November-December combined. My practising has been going very well too, probably largely due to my restedness and increased relaxation. The one thing not going so well though is the heat. My apartment is downright cold. Adam, my roommate Lucy-Ana's boyfriend, has been joining us here for the last few nights and I think we finally have some confirmation that this is not just a girly "I'm cold all the time" thing -- he probably talks about it more than we do! Last night I definitely slept with a heating pad at my feet because they hadn't warmed up all day. Any other freezing (or once freezing) students have any suggestions out there? Doing the dishes is about the best chore in the world right now because the water is so warm :)
I've had two really good practice sessions in a row now and am feeling pretty good about this NYO audition on January 12. You can read more on the NYO here if you're not familiar with it: www.nyoc.org.
Nothing too new or exciting to report. Some of you have been asking if I'm bored yet and the with-out-a-doubt answer to that question is a hands down no. I've been pretty good about making sure that I meet up with someone different everyday and so far so good -- I've got to hang out with a lot of people who are normally as busy as I am! I'm sure you'll all be surprised to know that yesterday's hang out was with engineering boy [see posts from the summer for the story about him] whom I went out for hot chocolate with. Neither of us have had the time to sit down, at the same time, not over MSN, and have a heart-to-heart since April! That seems soooo long ago, especially given the weather. Anyhoo, we had a nice visit and perhaps our schedules might allow for us to meet up sooner than August (another 8 months from now).
Anyhoo, I can sense that I am rambling on so I am going to stop writing now...
No comments:
Post a Comment