13 hours is a long time to spend at school. Usually my Monday's are not so bad but I took a shift a work this morning that started at 8am meaning I had to be up at 6:30am. I don't normally have too big of a problem getting up this early in the morning but with it being dark outside for so much of the morning and all, I had a really hard time getting my butt into gear this morning. To make matters worse, I basically went from 7:30-1:30 without eating because my schedule didn't allow it. Not exactly a good display of time-management skillz here...
This evening I went to a presentation on working for IBM. These business presentations are pretty nifty as they always (at least so far) involve: free stuff, free food, crazily-well-designed slide-shows, and more free stuff. One REALLY neat thing from this presentation was that when they played a video talking about diversity in the work place, the song playing in the background was by one of my most *favourite* chamber music groups ever: The Penguin Cafe Orchestra. I think I've only ever met one person outside my family who's ever heard of them (which is saying a lot given how many music buffs I know) as they're relatively unknown. Not only did this commercial feature this obscure group, but they used my most favourite song from my most favourite album! If you feel like doing some searching on the web to hear it for yourself, the title of the album is Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Concert Program (released in 1995) and the track is entitled Perpetuum Mobile. Totally worth a listen, particularly if you like minimalistic music, play the English horn, trombone, ukulele, or harmonium.
Well it's been a busy day and believe it or not, at 10:30 I'm going to attempt to give my thinker a break and do some reading and no thinking!
No comments:
Post a Comment