Well good times with the last post. I appreciate your thoughts.
Many of you will probably be encouraged to hear that today I'm trying something I've never done before: fasting. It should be an interesting experience as I really enjoy feeling not hungry at all times. I have a few books I want to finish before school starts up again on Sunday but I think my brain could also use the extra time to think/pray some more. First up book: Blue Like Jazz. I was attracted to the author's [Donald Miller] comment: "I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn't resolve. But sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself... I used to not like God because God didn't resolve. But that was before any of this happened." I can identify with this on a musical level but also on the level of God not "resolving." John Ortberg (a great philosopher I heard several years ago in Chicago) has given him good reviews and the book was a New York Times Best Seller. I'll be sure to share how this book on "nonreligious thoughts on Christian spirituality" turns out!
Cheers,
HH
2 comments:
i am 2025 i should get an award.
Keelz?
Post a Comment