Monday, January 21, 2008

Something's Missing...

... and I think it starts with a 'P' and ends in 'roductivity.'

Let's see how well I faired with my to-do list from yesterday:

  • Send out some more resumes --> I didn't even open my resume folder today. I touched it several times, moving it from place to place, but alas never opening it.
  • Finish my MAS readings from last week (10 pages) and start the readings for Wednesday (40 pages) --> I got last week's readings out while I was working in the Music Office but things were SO busy (way crazier than normal) that I didn't read any of it.
  • Start my marketing readings (100 pages) --> Looked at the outside of my textbook, but decided that practising was of greater importance seeing as the concerto competition is on a few more sleeps away.
  • Get a new recital date. --> This I actually made some progress on. I made a few posters and put them up around the music faculty and already got one response. The proposal that came forward is for Feb. 16 which is considerably earlier AND I have a dress rehearsal in the morning in Stratford that day... I'll talk it over with Prof. McKay tomorrow nevertheless. Hopefully some more people will see the poster tomorrow.
  • I must go to the gym. --> I put this off to go to work instead. I have a large chunk of time tomorrow morning after 10:30 and I'll already be close to the gym so perhaps I shall go tomorrow.
  • Take my textbooks to the used bookstore --> Didn't even think about it until I started reading this list just now....
  • Figure out how I'm going to get out of Wind Ensemble for 5 on Wednesday --> I asked our conductor and it looks like I'm just going to be late for meeting up with Prof. McKay at 5... perhaps I'll encourage him to interrupt/come get me if I'm not out by 5:05 or something... :S
  • Pick up a bursary check from the SLB --> I stood in the pleasantly long line only to learn that I needed my SIN card to pick the check up. Yay for wasted time in lines! I shall probably try again tomorrow
  • Listen to Mendelssohn's Scottish Symphony & learn the part --> Well I wrote down the call number for the CD, but lost the piece of paper. I ordered the score from the ARCC so I should have the part to look at in a few days, if not tomorrow.
  • Practice Mozart like there's no tomorrow --> I actually did this. Yay for one out of 11!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cook enough food for the next five days --> HA. Yeah, so this didn't happen. My lunch consisted of a pasta dish I've been eating for the past few days and my dinner was, well, not even mentionable... too lacking in nutritional value... let's just leave it at that.
OK, well I'm actually going to schedule my time hour-by-hour for tomorrow so that I'll accomplish at least half of this list. I'll let you know how that goes!

p.s. I bought long underwear today and it is fantastic. I thoroughly recommend all people who have to walk out in the cold a lot to get a pair or two or three: they *really* do make a difference!

p.p.s. Buying suits. Weirdest thing to do ever... I took an hour while I was buying the long underwear, etc. to meander around some of the stores at Masonville to discover that I can wear anything from a size 6-14. That is a HUGE range and makes trying on uber amounts of clothes a necessity. I did find a pin-striped one at the Bay, but I think I'd rather have a solid black one so I could use it for concerts as well as those pesky interviews coming up. Anyone who would like to accompany me in a further expedition would earn like a 1000000 merit points.

No comments: