Friday, January 25, 2008

New Recital Date

I am so tired that I have felt nautious since about 12:00pm, so tonight shall be a short post, in points.

  • Our discussion in my class that I hadn't done the readings for, turned out to be just fine as we spent so much time talking off topic that we hardly got into the readings. Yeah :)
  • I CAN graduate this year with a B. Mus. Perf. with minimal additional paper work. I am pretty sure this is what I'm going to do; 2 commencements are always better than one! :P This will give me more options after my internship is finished in that I could go into a masters programme sooner. Yeah Diane Mills :D
  • John Doerksen, our present Associate Dean, has been appointed to the Vice-Provost position. I'm really excited for him (I know him through his involvement with North Park Community Church... where I went in 1st and 2nd year) but it will definitely change the administration of the music faculty. After spending 3hours in the car with McKay tonight though I have doubts as to why anyone would want to be an administrator (it really wasn't that bad at all, I'm just poking fun)
  • I am considering buying a palm pilot or something of the like. My accompanist Rudin has one and it amazes me with it's instant access to e-mail, a calendar, music, a tuner, a metronome, etc, etc. I think part of my desire also stems from hanging out with the business kids more... man some of those kids have a lot of money!
  • I am considering purchasing a lap top. This is something I've been thinking about since first year but have been becoming increasingly aware of how handy they are. It would be incredibly beneficial for my marketing & MAS classes, but also for working in the music office (I'm doing a lot of data-base entry into Excel that would be 1000000000 times easier for everyone involved if I could do it on my own laptop within the board room). Any advice on laptop purchasing? I think this one is more likely to happen than the Palm Pilot. GTs.
OK, time for a snooze fest. Thanks a bunch for all of your prayers this week; I'm doing much better :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what about the new recital date? Yep, you were tired... = )

Heather said...

LOL! My new recital date is Monday, March 3 @ 8pm.