Thursday, January 31, 2008

Almost there!

Only a few more hours and then the weekend will officially be here! Wahoo! Tomorrow I have a class from 9:30-10:30, work up the hill from 10:45-11:45, work in the music office until 4, and then am going to a sweet Messian concert at St. Andrew's. Should be a pretty sweet layed-back, non-concert day! :)

The studio recital went pretty well tonight. I'm finding that my reeds are really drying out quite quickly this week so there were two squawks that never should have been there, but oh well. The quartet piece that we did was made extra fun when Iraj forgot the second page of his music and just made up the whole last half of the piece, unbeknownst to any of the others, including Prof. McKay. Never a dull moment with that one!

A special treat to the evening was having my daddio come to listen. He took me out for dinner afterwards (FOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!:D) and also dropped off a care package from home. Check out the sweet stuff:
[Included are cranberry tea, Hershey chocolate kisses & hugs, Laura Secord Mint Chocolate Hearts, socks, mitts, pajama pants, Valentine's Day garland, a window hanging (it says "Love"), a photo frame with a new picture of me with my sistas, the movie Ghost (I recently got a DVD player... I've never seen the movie before so no judging if it's scandalous :P), heart ziplock bags, lip balm, heart push pins, & a wonderful card]. Thanks a BUNCH mom & dad! This was a wonderful surprise.

Anyhoo, I am *exhausted* from my week so I'm actually going to head to bed now before the clock strikes 10!

No comments: