So I think I overextended myself a wee bit this weekend... Friday night's concert in Hamilton was fine. Nothing too special to report of there except that the tickets were $250 a piece as it was a meal/fundraiser for the Burlington Arts Council (or something similar... I don't remember the exact name). Saturday's rehearsal and concert in Stratford was fairly eventful in that the music was incredibly difficult for being a) pops and b) expected to learn in 6hrs... Note to self: practice double tonguing in the high register more often... Yesterday I went to church with Jordan & Mark again at the Basilica. This is the second time I've gone recently and I have to say it really is quite a neat experience: so much interesting music & tradition. Having had more exposure to the Catholic church in recent times, I have to say that I've been extremely ignorant of a lot of practices. Always good to keep learning. Last night's rehearsal in Stratford was pretty uneventful though I was able to showcase my sight-reading skills.
This week is a 3-concert week so if you're looking for some bassooning, now would be a good time to visit. Tomorrow morning (at 9am I think?), Prof. McKay is giving a guest lecture to the Sr. Alumni group in the McKellar room and he's having 4 of us come to play. It should be fun. I hope none of the Sr. Alumni attack me for having ticket problems with last year's gala...
Thursday morning the Wind Ensemble is doing a concert at H.B. Beal Secondary School at 10am. I get to play the contra parts. Yay contra.
Thursday evening is our studio recital. It is supposed to start at 8 but there's some confusion about that, so I will post again later for clarification.
OK time to get to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment