Bah!
Anyhoo, so blog #3 can be found at http://artmusicnews.blogspot.com/. This is for a Music Administrative Studies class that I'm taking. Each week we have to find a newsy-type article to blog 300 words on. While I thought it would be super duper easy to find articles, I found quite the opposite and have spent 2 hours on what I allotted 30min for. Cool beanz...
So let's see how this to do list from 3 days ago is fairing...
- Send out some more resumes --> I did one today, Cirque de Soleil. That's right folks, Heather could very well be joining the circus. Interesting things to think about regarding this job involve: its location in Montreal or Las Vagas, its bilingual environment, I'D BE WORKING FOR CLOWNS (but they're very much artistic people so that's not too weird right? :P)
- Finish my MAS readings from last week (10 pages) and start the readings for Wednesday (40 pages) --> Yeah didn't even start that... I did complete my assignment for this class that is due tomorrow (but forgot to mention on the original list).
- Start my marketing readings (100 pages) --> Well my textbook travelled around with me for a good part of the day. I had full intentions on opening it this evening, really, I just got sidetracked with my MAS project taking so long.
- Get a new recital date. --> Prof. McKay really doesn't like the Feb. 16th date. No one contacted me today about wanting to switch. This is not good. Yay stress.
- I must go to the gym. --> I went! Accomplished! Too bad I pushed myself too hard and have been feeling kind of queezy all day. Perhaps I need more water...
- Take my textbooks to the used bookstore --> Didn't even think about it until I started reading this list just now....
- Figure out how I'm going to get out of Wind Ensemble for 5 on Wednesday --> I talked to Prof. McKay about my quandary about getting out to meet him at 5 and he suggested I just get up and leave. I think this is what kids feel like when Mommy & Daddy both say that they want contradictory things and the kid doesn't know what to do. Perhaps if I just stand up and start throwing a tantrum everything will work out well :)
- Pick up a bursary check from the SLB --> I stood in line for another 20min today and alas got my check! w00t! Another item accomplished!
- Listen to Mendelssohn's Scottish Symphony & learn the part --> Well I signed both the score & the CD out of the library. I haven't had a chance to listen or look at the score yet though. I did get a chance to ask Prof. McKay if there was anything worth looking over to practice though and he said not for the bassoon. Yay for having a prof that knows his stuff :)
- Practice Mozart like there's no tomorrow --> I actually did this again for the 2nd day in a row. My rehearsal with Rudin went really well (after I got their 15min late because my 20min nap turned into 2hours...) and I think I've got the steady-tempo thing down. We'll see if that lasts long...
- Cook enough food for the next five days --> Hmm so again, there was quite a lack of cooking today... I wonder how long one can survive off of non-homemade food? Probably a lifetime, but you'd probably feel about as crummy as I do now. Arg. I have got to cook sometime soon. Tomorrow holds a busy day though: 9:30-12:30 class, and I can't tell you the rest because I left my agenda in a bag at school. Boo. It's busy though I promise you. Also I have no time for cooking/ being at home between the hours of 9am and 11pm. Boo.
Well better hit the sack so I don't lose more valuable sleeping time.
No comments:
Post a Comment