I'd been looking for a neat scarf pattern for a few days and then I stumbled upon the Bernat
Lacy Leaves Scarf pattern. We went to Zellers to pick up the Alpaca yarn and some new needles after lunch today but unfortunately they don't sell Alpaca yarn and they were sold out of needles because of a big sale they were having. Len was brave enough to come to Michael's with me to see if they sold Alpaca yarn (if they didn't, he suggested we sheer some alpacas that live on a farm on the way from London to Mildmay). Luckily for the local Ontario alpacas, Michael's yarn supply was plentiful and due to some sneaky tactics on my part, I was able to grab a 25% off coupon that the person in front of me had just used and was able to have it applied to my purchase. :$
After ripping out the stitches completely 6 or so times, I have finally completed my first, and now second, pattern detail in my latest knitting project. I can't remember the last time I was this proud of myself. There's nothing quite like failing at something for hours and then
finally figuring out what you've been doing wrong all along. For me it was the darn yarn overs and how they change depending on whether or not you're going between a k-k, p-p, k-p, or p-k. Fun times. Anyhoo I found the
Knit Witch, Socal Knit Girl, and the
Knitting Girl videos all very helpful. I also learned the following stitches/techniques:
Here are two pictures of the 12-row pattern plus the bottom 3 knit rows:


And two pictures with 2 sets of the pattern + the bottom knit rows:


Well that's where I'm going to leave it for tonight. Ciao ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment