Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bark & Knit

I thought I'd start of my January pictures with our new bff, Dakota.

We've been taking her to the dog park quite a bit (4/5 days so far I think!) and she really does seem to reckognize her own kind... Here's a picture of her with her long lost cousin:

Today at the bulk barn I picked up two pig ear pieces. Here is her inhaling the first one. It only took 15 min! I'd say that she likes it!

In other news, I am happy to report that I've completed my first ever knitted scarf! It wasn't as complicated as I anticipated (I've tried a few other times before and failed miserably) but it did take a little bit longer than I thought it would. I'm excited to see how warm it will be as I anticipate it to be my warmest ever... it's so... dense! After a bit more knowledge & practice I'd like to knit some flowers to put on the ends over my two "button holes", aka dropped stitches, but will wait for now and enjoy it as is.

Here's a pic of me working on the project. Dakota decided she really had to cuddle. This made for a really cute picture I think though!

A picture of the finished product:

A close up, in which you can also see my new "lazy" eye... this has started to appear in pictures only in the last year or so. haha awesome!
Finally a picture that will make you smile: Dakota showcasing my scarf. I think her face makes her look so embarrased to be wearing it! :P
The above picture also exemplifies how Lenny feels right now after misplacing the car keys on a morning walk with Dakota... hopefully the War Amps tag we have on them will do its thing and the keys will find their way back to us soon. :-/

No comments: