Tuesday, January 25, 2011

3 Successes of Today

It's hard to come up with a blog post when I seem to do the same things everyday: read textbooks, cook, do lots of dishes, fold some laundry, drive about. Nevertheless, today had three slightly noteable things:

  1. My night class ended 1 1/2 hours early tonight. Words cannot describe the joy of a boring class ending early; pure Joy!
  2. I got my exam schedule for final exams in April and it's actually pretty spread out: April 13, 17, 27, 29. While I'm not super stoked to have exams so late into the schedule, I'm extremely grateful that I will actually have time to study for all of them. I haven't had such a nice exam schedule ever.
  3. I had a really good practice session with my accompanist today. Not only did I feel like I was playing a little more musical than normal, but I did the whole 1/2 hour standing up; something I haven't had the stamina for in well, almost a year.
On the down side the second movement we rehearsed at the end of the rehearsal didn't go so well (I have problems counting to six slowly apparently) and my first rehearsal for my quartet has been canceled due to a scheduling conflict. I've forgotten how much fun it is to try to schedule four people to rehearse in the same place at the same time. Booo.

Lenny and I made some fantastic homemade pizza for dinner tonight using a pan we bought at HomeSense a while ago. It has a lot of little holes in the bottom so it produces a really nice crust. Nummies! I also chopped some extra veggies so we can have an omelette for breakfast tomorrow morning. Should be good!

No comments: