After getting back from dinner last night I decided that laying down infront of the fireplace was the only way I'd rid myself of the chill of being outside in -30 degree weather. Boy was I right. By 10:00 I'd fallen asleep and by 11:30 when Lenny asked if I wanted to go to bed, I was snoring (ha!) away and snuggled up so tight in the blankies that Len decided it'd be best to leave me. I didn't end up waking up until 5 am and did so feeling Great. There's nothing quite like feeling warm after feeling chilled for so long. I did end up going upstairs after that and sleeping the rest of the "night" in bed, but man that was awesome! Must remember that for the next time I come in from super chilly weather.
Yesterday we ended up meeting up with Lenny's mom Silvana and her husband Mark just to chat on their way back from shopping in Michigan. Apparently Dakota wasn't very good at Meg's house as she now has a cat that Dakota likes to protect from nearing anyone. I'm sure it made for a stressful weekend for Meg but maybe this means Dakota will get to come visit here some more in the future. Silly Dakota likes to be the centre of attention ;)
Nothing else too exciting to report. I've only got one chapter left to read for my HR Planning midterm on Friday which is kind of a miracle; usually I leave these things to the last minute. I do however need to go and read a chapter of my industrial relations book to make a comment on by the end of the day though. Also to do is to practice some baffoonery; I have a rehearsal with my accompanist tomorrow and haven't picked it up since my lesson on Thursday... only 8 more weeks to my recital :$ ... wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment