Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday update

Sorry I haven't blogged much this week. It's been a bit of a blur in terms of "run here" "run there" kind of schedule combined with nothing that interesting to do. Classes are going so-so. I seem to have forgotten how much more boring 3-hour lectures are compared to 2-hour ones (all three are 3-hours this semester compared to the opposite last semester). I've also rekindled my love for the Gazette crossword puzzels I can do in class.

Lenny's doing well this week too. After trying to find a PhD project idea for the first half of the week, a meeting with his supervisor on Wednesday afternoon yielded some really good results and now the stress level of our house is significantly lower. I'm always happy to see him go from stressed to SO happy and excited about something. He really does have a passion for his work and it's wonderful and inspiring to see. So what is he going to be studying you ask? I'm not exactly sure how to explain it in layman's terms, but he says "it's a study of hormone secretion in diabetes, with a hint virology and epidemiology concepts."

In closing, I applied for a job yesterday. My first. A real salaried job and everything. It is in the realm of marketing for a London company, so not exactly what I'm trained to do, but they are a great company and hopefully if anything they'll just keep my resume on file for later. I'm so looking forward to bringing home a salary and paying down some student debt. Only 14 weeks left of school in this, my 21st semester!

No comments: