Monday, January 3, 2011

Highlights of 2011

The "year in points" post seems to be a popular choice this time of year, so I thought I'd jump on board.

January

  • Watched oodles of Olympics at Lenny's house where I crashed with all of my stuff after leaving my (hopefully last) bachelorette pad.
February
  • Had a wonderful first Valentine's Day with a boyfriend.
  • Found our first home to rent! It is so perfect and comes with a super great landlord to boot!

March
  • Celebrated 1 year with the fantastic Lenny. I could not ask for a better partner in crime!
  • Lenny turned 23.
  • Performed my first masters recital to an enthusiastic crowd of 7.

April
  • Did a lot of studying for final exams.
  • Probably the peak of my italiano skills.

May
  • The last session of summer school begins: sociology, computer science, and matrix algebra.
  • Started volunteering with the MS Society. Hopefully some of the work I did for their website will be approved and start assisting people better.
June
  • Summer school fun continues.

July
  • Completed my last summer course ever (hopefully)! I've taken summer courses for five years and now it is complete!
  • Began researching my family tree and met a lot of new extended family members online. Also solved a family mystery regarding the lineage of my grandpa's parents.
  • Took a few weeks of Grade 12 chemistry to explore switching career paths into medicine. Ha!
August
  • I turned 24. We celebrated with a Fantastic trip to Niagara wineries, complete with the most amazing meal ever at Hillebrand wineries.

September

October
  • Thanksgiving with Lenny's family. Ate a lot of pumpkin pie with whipped cream.
  • Started blogging again on a regular basis.
  • I fell in love with Starbucks' pumpkin spice lattes. My love relationship with coffee has officially begun.
November
  • Took Lenny to his first ever Santa Claus parade.
  • Had a family adventure in St. Jacobs while Keely was down to visit.
  • Caught a nasty pneumonia/bronchitis bug that kept us out of normalcy for a collective 6 weeks, losing a collective 20 lbs.

December
  • Enjoyed a record number of snow days, 2.5, right before exam period.
  • Went to six family Christmas parties.
  • Celebrated ringing in the new year with a personal best 5-km race and celebrations with Lenny's friends in Toronto.

Here's to another great year with more memories to come!

No comments: