Saturday, January 29, 2011

Baking, Bamboo, and a Beary Warm Scarf

I wanted to post a picture of Lenny wearing the new blue scarf. With the cold week we had, it was definitely a necessity given his desire to never wear a winter jacket...
I realized when I was leafing through the camera for cupcake pictures, that I hadn't posted one of some of the carrot raisin cinnamon breakfast loaf I made earlier this week. This is one of our favourite treats that is healthy enough that you can eat it on a regular basis. The recipe is from the Lighthearted Everyday Cooking book if you're interested.


I love Cake Boss. I find the italiano characters very funny and I think that their creativity is so surprising sometimes. Anyhoo, for Christmas my mom got my some cake decorating tools and I've been waiting for ever to use them. Yesterday after my exam seemed like the perfect time so I made these chocolate cupcakes with a traditional vanilla frosting. Lenny's favourite flavours tend to revolve around Oreo-typed things, so this was a big hit! The piping was a little trickier than I anticipated but it was a fair amount of fun and definitely something I'll try again. I should note that there are actually twice as many cupcakes as in this photo, but they were a wee bit too embarrasing to post online :P

Finally a question for the green thumbs, what is going on with my bamboo here? At first I thought it was getting too much sun, and then too little sun, but either way only one stalk is surviving. Ideas?

No comments: