Here's a picture of a meal I made once Lenny's tummy was feeling normal again. Flank steak with spinach, pine nuts, and panko rolled in with some delicious sweet potato fries on the side.
Next up is a picture of me at the Victoria Park lighting party. Lenny hadn't been out of the house at all this week, so a Friday night trip to Williams followed by a 10 minute walk through the newly lit park was a great outing. The park is so beautiful and the hot coffee helped soooo much.
Now onto Saturday's adventures. We drove up to an area of London we're not too familiar with to see a Santa Claus parade and came across Ungers. It's a really nice little market that looks like it's been around for a loooong time. They also house the "London Icecream Company" which I've heard of but never tried. Something to keep in mind the next time I'm missing the now defunct Angelo's market.
Our trip was to see the Santa Claus Parade as Lenny has never been to one!?!?!?! I was really excited to run into one of my work colleagues, Sasha, and his family outside of Ungers. The parade was way more fun with excited kids around.
Here's Lenny with an antique ambulance! Cue ghostbusters music!
Lenny also wanted his picture taken infront of the choo choo train. This event was way to cute.
Next up we have a tractor - which I'd like to point out - has a bear plastered to the grill. Is this a normal thing? I've never noticed it before but almost all of the trucks had teddy bears strapped to the grill... a little disturbing but also mildly hilarious at the same time :)
This picture is a John Deere float for Lenny's stepdad, Mark. Mark, you would've loved the high participation of John Deere products in this parade.
This was my favourite. Although I despise LTC, they do have an Awesome BEAR-themed Christmas/Holiday bus this year :)
The Mustangs Marching Band! I didn't see any of my friends performing (guess they don't all do every parade) but it was still fun to see them do all their choreographed aweseomeness.
And what you've all been waiting for, Ho Ho!
Lenny's first picture with a Santa Claus Parade Santa.
All in all the parade was a great experience and was the perfect length of time given the temperature.
Next up is a picture of where we parked, Sweeney's Barbershop. I laughed out loud. If you're not sure why, google "Sweeney Todd."
This weekend I found some great purchases. One being this roaster for only $20. We actually cook a fair amount of roasts and they never seem to a) fit in our current pan or b) do very well without a resting rack, which this one comes with. It also matches our pot set so I'm pretty excited. Lenny is too, although not as much, as you can probably tell by the picture.
My mom sent me a HomeSense giftcard in the mail (AWESOME!!) so I promptly went out and bought these purdy wintery towels that say Pretty without being overwhelmingly girly. They'll also be useable all winter long so that's nice. The second item is a group of higher quality socks. My feet are always cold and I suspect it has to do with my inferior sock choices. Hopefully these new Christmas socks will do the trick!
Last but not least I have a picture of me wearing my Aunt Donna's sweater from c. 1970s. My grandma knit it and somehow it got passed down on to me. It's soooooooooo warm and therefore awesome.
Well that's it for now. I'm off to enter the happy world of marking and, hopefully, the Amazing Race!
No comments:
Post a Comment